If you don’t want to completely replace your roof, having it coated is a smart and cost-effective alternative. A roof coating is simply an elastic membrane that stretches out over the entire surface of your roof, providing it with a protective covering that prevents the underlying roof itself from being severely damaged. Some of the reasons you might want to invest in roof coating include:
- A roof coating will protect your roof from being damaged over time by the sun’s harsh ultraviolet rays. This can help to extend the life of your roof and reduce the need for repair or replacement, which is both good for the environment and good for your budget.
- Many roof coatings can help to insulate your building by keeping heat from seeping through your roof into your building. This makes temperature control inside your building easier and reduces the need for wasteful HVAC use.
- If your area receives a lot of rain, adding a new roof coating is an effective way to prevent leaks and reduce the likelihood that your roof will be damaged by exposure to moisture.
- If your roof looks worn or old, but is not damaged enough to warrant complete replacement, installing a roof coating will give it a fresh new look. You can even change the color of your roof to enhance the overall appearance of your building.
What Types of Roofs Can Be Coated?
Almost any type of roofing can be coated. Some of the most popular roofs for coating include:
- Metal Roofs
- Spray polyurethane roofs
- Single-ply roofs
- Modified bitumen roofs
- Built-up roof (BUR) systems
About Home To Home Construction
When you need a roofing contractor in the areas of New Jersey it’s time to contact us! When you work with our roofing team, you can depend on high-quality work, free written estimates, and full certified guarantees for every project. We have experience working with all different types of roofs and roofing materials, from metal to asphalt shingles.
For a free estimate, feel free to call us today at 1-862-241-3516